Thursday, November 1, 2007

just f-in do it

I'm posting all of my personal back posts on "Mommy Buddy" This was from Nov. 2007 when Meadow was 2 and Emerson was a baby:

I have been meaning to do a blog for some time and since my new motto is "just f-in do it" I thought I'd take my own advice (sorry my life is PG…no make that G). I'm trying to weed out the laziness in my life and start being organized and productive, like having an activity planned for the kids every day, and a nutritious meal three times a day, and wash all the dishes everyday (by hand, we have no dishwasher) and be able to take a shower more than every 2-4 days….I said I was trying. Well my house may not always be the tidiest and I may not always look like the raving beauty we all know I usually am (yah right!), but I must admit that I LOVE MY LIFE! I think that I have really found my niche, this 'mommy'-thing, I guess I'll keep the little ankle bitters.

Speaking of the nibblers I need to give some updates. Meadow is finally getting some hair (bout damn time!), and it is a riot of curls. I say riot because it gets very tangled and Meadow isn't much for me taming it, but when it's clean and combed it makes her look just like a little fairy. It's her disguise so no one will know how bossy she is getting! The other day I was lying on the couch before bed time reading a book when she comes up to me with this scowl on her face and says, "Hug now mommy!" So I put the book down and giver her the hug she demanded. As she is hugging me she looks over at the book and says "Sorry book!" Is that sass or what?! I don't know where she got that from but I have to remember not to encourage her by laughing (which is almost impossible =D).

Emerson is 7 months old now and just sooo big! At his last doctors appt he weighed in at 23 and ½ lbs! He has become a pro at sitting on his own and has started doing this cute 'booty bounce'. When I sit him down on his bottom he just starts bouncing on his butt to get from point A to point B, and his little rolls of fat jiggle the whole way! I'm embarrassed to admit that I tried it, just to see what it was like, but I guess my butt isn't padded enough for it to be affective (not that I wish for a fatter butt). Last Saturday he got his very first tooth and then on Wednesday he got his second! I just wish he would stop biting me while he is nursing! Once his tooth popped out he has just started doing everything! He is babbling up a storm saying 'blah, blah, blah, da, da, la, la,' and Jonathan and I both heard him say 'da-dee' yesterday but we're pretty certain it wasn't on purpose…sadly. He is also rolling and scooting all over the place! Crawling will be very soon….yay? I'm happy that he is growing but I'm just not ready for him to grow up, plus I'm not looking forward to re-babyproofing the house, and keeping it that way with a 2 year old underfoot. Pretty much impossible!

I also started watching a special needs little boy full time almost three months ago. His name is Ian and he is almost five, but him and Meadow are doing a lot of the same things. They either love each other or hate each other it just depends on the time of the day, but for the most part they get along great! Ian just moved here from Idaho and has made the transition to being at our house during the day much more smoothly than expected. He goes to pre-school in the afternoon for about four hours. So Meadow is learning about the school bus and that it comes to pick Ian up and drop him off. I think the concept of 'that he is at school' doesn't mean much to her yet, but she gets really excited to help him get on and off the bus. Meadow keeps trying to boss him around, and the other day she got mad at him and I caught her trying to spank him! She really does think she is in charge! Ian really fits into our little group well and I count his mom Rachel as my newest friend. She's a riot!…(only not the hair kind)

The biggest thing that has been going on with me (or at least the thing that I am the most excited about)is that I have been loosing a lot of weight for the last couple months and I can only thank Emerson! I weigh as much as I did when I was a freshman in High School and that was about 9 years ago! It's funny that anytime my Mom takes me shopping for clothes I inevitably change sizes right after that, and this time was not exception, sadly. So I am in much need of a good shopping trip, anyone game?!

That is all for now, but I hope to start doing a blog on a more regular basis, so I can have a record of these moments to look upon years from know when Meadow is a moody teenager instead of a moody toddler, so I'll know it wasn't just something that happened, she's always been that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment